RE: [ha] Introductions

rgsl (mikew.at.rgsl.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 17:20:54 -0000

Phone number is 01925 571 806 ( Warrington)

Give me a call if you wish

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ha.at.swan.ml.org [mailto:owner-ha.at.swan.ml.org] On Behalf Of
Andrew.Holt.at.UK.Sun.COM
Sent: 01 December 1998 16:16
To: ha.at.swan.ml.org
Subject: RE: [ha] Introductions

Hi All,

I am a software engineer from the UK.

I live in the North-West of England, about 20 miles from Manchester &
Liverpool (that narrows the location down a bit :-).

I have a couple of projects on the go at the moment ( a robot and digital
control of a model railway.) but am keeping an eye on Home Automation
technology
with a view to my next project.

I work for Sun Microsystems.

Now back to the technical stuff. I found an old magazine article (circa
70's)
which describes a couple of cct's to allow remote control of appliance
connected to HVAC over the power cabling. The big difference is that it
uses Neutral & Earth for signalling. Given the known danger of an earth
fault (would an ELCB or RCD be fast enough to protect the devices ?) has
anyone any comments ?

Rgds Andrew